Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default workbook or worrksheet event procedure

When we put a code in the standard module it is possible to step by step
running the procedure to find out any bug. However in workbook or worksheet
even procedure it is not possible to debug in this way. If you click F8
nothing happens. Is there any method
for debugging a thisworkbook/worksheet event procedure.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi R.Venkataraman,

When we put a code in the standard module it is possible to step by step
running the procedure to find out any bug. However in workbook or worksheet
even procedure it is not possible to debug in this way. If you click F8
nothing happens. Is there any method
for debugging a thisworkbook/worksheet event procedure.

Go to the procedure in question, click in the first executable line of code
and hit F9 to insert a breakpoint. Then do something that makes the event code
fire and the VBE will halt at that line.

Regards,

Jan Karel Pieterse
Excel MVP
www.jkp-ads.com

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

thank ;you. I introduced a wrong statement somewhere in the beginning and
the break piint occured there. I had to rememeber to remove this statament .
Breakpoint is an excellent idea.

Hi R.Venkataraman,