Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Sum based off of text -need help

Trying to add up the total amount of items( Column K) per Product
(Column I) where there may be multiple Rows of the same Product number
and have the information Go to a new Worksheet. Not sure how to go
about doing this, I can import the data into Access and export it out
this way, but I would like to be able to have it self contained in the
spreadsheet. I usually only try very basic tasks with Excel and am
not sure if this is possible or even where to start, wasn't able to
find any examples of tasks like this, in the newsgroup.

Any help would or direction would be greatly appreciated.

Worksheet one:

Column I Column K
Product # Quantity ordered
A001 10
A004 5
A005 16
A004 2
A005 8
A001 2
A001 20

<output
Worksheet 2:

Product# Total Quantity ordered
A001 32
A004 7
A005 24
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi
use a pivot table for this. See:
http://www.ozgrid.com/Excel/excel-pivot-tables.htm

For a formula solution use SUMIF

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Haus" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
om...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks all for the responses, this was just what I was looking for,
and after the 5 minute MS online training, I was able to get the data
organized the way I need it.

Thanks again.