Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Too many macros

Sounds good, thanks.
Peter

"David McRitchie" wrote in message
Hi Peter,
Don't put them all in one module. Put macros that will be used
together in the same module. You don't want to have everything
open. To get a list of your functions and macros see

Build Table of Contents, similar listings, working with Hyperlinks
"Subroutine and Function Table for Open Workbooks (#ListFunctionsAndSubs)"
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel...nctionsAndSubs

'Separate coding for ListFunctionsAndSubs can be found at
' http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/code/listfsubs.txt

The macro will also identify duplicate names via inserted worksheet
formulas.
---
HTH,

"Peter Chatterton" wrote in message

Some Progress:
I deleted all my spreadsheets and put my code explicitly in

personal.xls

"Peter Chatterton" wrote in message
I'm just starting with excel and macros and I've got too many of them
in different places and I've lost control!

I think I started out using personal.xls but then switched to

attaching
the macro to the spreadsheet (because it's very specific and I thought
it should belong to it). Now I want to clean everything up with just
one page of macros.

But it won't let me! I created a new page, hit F5 and gave it a new

name
but when I go back to excel and hit alt-F8 it's not there.
What is there are all the other pages that I deleted from that dialog.

I'm finding this more than frustrating, I guess I should have worked
thru a beginners' book instead of starting with the wrox one.

Hope you can help,
Peter.