Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Replace Protection Warning Pop Up Using VBA

Hi.....Tis Me Again..........

I have created a macro to protect a sheet after a pivot table has bee
updated into it. However I have still allowed users to sellect th
locked cells.

When the user then tries to enter data you get the usuall "The Cell o
Chart you are trying to change is protected and therefore read
only............." pop up warning. It then advises the user t
unprotect the sheet using the "tools menu, protectio
submenu...........". In my spreadsheet the main toolbars have bee
removed and my own menu replaces them, so there is no "Tools Menu, o
Protection Submenu".

Is there a way I can have my own pop up window displayed using th
msgbox code that will give a message of my choosing?

I hope this can be done!

Any Ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Celtic_Avenger
:confused

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

This has been asked many times - I have never seen anyone suggest that this
can be done.

Tom Ogilvy

"Celtic_Avenger " wrote in
message ...
Hi.....Tis Me Again..........

I have created a macro to protect a sheet after a pivot table has been
updated into it. However I have still allowed users to sellect the
locked cells.

When the user then tries to enter data you get the usuall "The Cell or
Chart you are trying to change is protected and therefore ready
only............." pop up warning. It then advises the user to
unprotect the sheet using the "tools menu, protection
submenu...........". In my spreadsheet the main toolbars have been
removed and my own menu replaces them, so there is no "Tools Menu, or
Protection Submenu".

Is there a way I can have my own pop up window displayed using the
msgbox code that will give a message of my choosing?

I hope this can be done!

Any Ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Celtic_Avenger

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks.......I thought that this may be the case........I will just g
back to the option of not allowing any cell selection, this will the
stop the pop-up alltogether.

Thanks again!

Celtic_Avenger