Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Sheets vs worksheet

Is there a difference with sheets(1) and worksheets(1)?

Will Name = worksheets(1) (or sheet(1)) give me the name assigned to the
worksheet?

Is the order of the worksheets the same as the displayed order when the
workbook is open?

Want to activate and work on first 16 worksheets which plop values into
the last two worksheets. I'm using:

For n = 1 to 16
Sheets(n).select
rada, rada, rada
Next

It doesn't seem to be working

thanks
John

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

John,

The Worksheets collection contains only worksheets. The Sheet
collection includes worksheets, chart sheet, XL4 macro sheets,
and XL5 dialog sheets. The order of the sheets in either
collection is the order in which the tabs appear in the Excel
window. You can get the name of the sheet with code like

Dim SHName As String
SHName = Worksheets(1).Name

It doesn't seem to be working

In what way is this not working?