Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
jdy jdy is offline

Default Here is the url

Here is the url. I am trying to download the "2004 NFL
Schedule. http://office.microsoft.com/en-
us/templates/default.aspx Thanks for the help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

It doesn't open for me either (xl97). Since it is labeled as an xlt file,
you should be able to open it. Possibly it will open in xl2003, but the page
says it is compatible with xl97. (don't have xl2003 handy to test with
right now).

Tom Ogilvy

"JDY" wrote in message
Here is the url. I am trying to download the "2004 NFL
Schedule. http://office.microsoft.com/en-
us/templates/default.aspx Thanks for the help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Could you not change the extension to .xls and then retry

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Even though it's called a template, on the download page, it says that it's a
..CAB file (MS Compressed file).

I downloaded it, renamed it to .cab
I rightclicked on the .cab file in windows explorer (win98) and chose Extract.

I extracted it to a folder and it was called a .xlt.

That template file opened successfully in xl2002.

If you downloaded it ok, try renaming it to .cab and extracting the template.

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I read that, but figured if it was a cab it would have a cab extension. Go
figure. I did as you describe and the resulting file opened fine in Excel
97. thanks.

Tom Ogilvy