Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Too Many Dropdowns???

Thanks Harald,

I think so far I have only about 50 of these controls on
my form. For some reason, at home this Saturday morning
with a PIII processor and 786mb of RAM, I don't have the
same limitation that I have at work with the Excel/VBA
program (with a faster processor and less memory). It
must be some unknown software/hardware issue.

I'm in the process of transferring it all to VB6 this
morning, and all seems to be working well, after working
out some of the Excel VBA and VB6 differences. Thanks for
the information about the 256 control limitations with
VB6, but hopefully that won't be an issue.

You are right in that if in one way it doesn't work, then
it's time to think of another way...with back or next
buttons etc. There are creative ways to reduce the number
of these controls...things we think about after we finish
writing the "first-time" program.

I'm not sure what you meant by saying "...but there are no
multipages (you can not redistribute MSforms and even
referencing it is not recommended from Microsoft."
I did have initial troubles with the VB6 multipage
control, so I'm using the Microsoft Tabbed Dialog Control
6.0 that you can find under the Project Components. After
I get it all to work, then I'll look more at what possibly
when wrong with the VB6 multipage control.

Thanks, Rick