Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Copy Formular Without Changing References Within

Help Needed.

I want to copy the same formular to about 400 rows in a sheet.
I dont want to the cell references in the formular to be changed, fo
example:

Cell G9 =VLOOKUP(F9,WorkerData!I5:K404,3,FALSE)
Cell G10 =VLOOKUP(F10,WorkerData!I5:K404,3,FALSE)
Cell G11 =VLOOKUP(F11,WorkerData!I5:K404,3,FALSE)
Cell G12 =VLOOKUP(F12,WorkerData!I5:K404,3,FALSE

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Use the dollar sign as follows and copy the formulae in as many rows a
you want.

Cell G9 =VLOOKUP($F$9,WorkerData!$I$5:$K$404,3,FALSE)

- Manges

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Do I leave the $ sign off if I want the cells to update? and use it if
dont want them to update

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

yes, the $ sign makes the cell absolute in your formula
If you want only the row to change then put $A1
only column, then A$1
both to change A1
no changing then $A$1

- Manges

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks very much for your help.

I must say this is the best forum I have ever used.....I have neve
before received a usefull reply in less than a minute before......
have tried this and it works fantastically.

Thanks Manges