Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Select part numbers from a list; calculate statistics from selected records

Hello --

Our user wants to select 2 or more part numbers available in a certain sales
region (identified in a single cell) from the parts list and calculate
statistics for the parts selected (average bandwidth requirements, etc.).

The parts list looks like:
part_number region bandwidth_req'd etc.

I have successfully used a listbox (multiple selection) to display data so
the user can select it.

Can someone help me with ideas for
1 - filtering the source for the listbox so that only parts available in the
specific region appear
2 - calculating statistics only for the 2 or more parts clicked in the
listbox.

For the calculations, I thought of putting a character in a "dummy" column
for the parts clicked, but my thinking is fuzzy on how to use rows marked
that way in calculations.

Thanks for any help.

Larry Mehl

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If you parts are listed in a database you could possibly use the VLOOKU
or HLOOKUP commands to help this.

Celtic_Avenge

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

CA --

Thanks.

The part numbers and related data are in an xls row-column matrix with
column names at the top. Is this what you mean by a database?

Do you have any suggestions on how I can put the results of a LOOKUP in the
contents of a listbox?

Larry

"Celtic_Avenger " wrote in
message ...
If you parts are listed in a database you could possibly use the VLOOKUP
or HLOOKUP commands to help this.

Celtic_Avenger

---