Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel Security : what is the best I can get?

I have some projects in Excel (worksheet formulas+VBA) that I would
like to protect them as much as possible. Of course, my customer has
to be able to open it and work with it. I know that the solution will
probably be weak, but I just want the best I can get... I'm using the
VBA Project password, that's as far as I could go. By the way, how
weak is it? (i.e., if the guy has to use a password cracker that takes
more than 2 days I would be happy with it :)

Also, is there a third party security software that could help me with
that?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Passwords for the workbook and worksheet (under tools|protection) is pretty
weak.

J.E. McGimpsey has code at his site:
http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/removepwords.html

Passwords for VBA projects can take even less time to break.

I've never done it, but you could compile your code and create a COM/DLL module
and that would be secure.

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I've never done it, but you could compile your code and create a COM/DLL module
and that would be secure.

Yes, I think that's what I probably should do...

Does anybody know of any good reference to migrate from Excel VBA to
VB dlls? I use several Excel functions through VBA (like select cells,
sort, etc.).