Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Help with Excel Merge problems!

Hi Jason,
If you must post to another thread, and there is no reason that I can see
why that would be a good idea at least point people to the thread.
http://google.com/groups?threadm=179...0microsoft.com

It's not hard to see why you didn't get a quick answer from Excel users,
as it appears you would have be familiar with working
in macros with access (I think), MS Word and Excel.

I think you would have to wait a
few days, and not really expect to get an answer. Word will only look
at the first worksheet in Excel, somewhere you mentioned selecting
a worksheet.

---
HTH,

"Jason L" wrote in message ...
Hi, I am getting very frustrated with a merge process that starts in Excel
and contiunes into Word. To find more detail on this problem, search for the
subject,
"Problems merging an excel file due to code or file." Right now when I run
the second macro in the original post, I can't get it the sourcen file to
merge into Word at all. I have tried removing any cell formatting (some of
the fields have leading zeros and need to be formatted in text, and I thought
this was causing the problems), but this hasn't helped. I've tried not using
the Personal.xls file, so I created a specific template and tried that method
- no dice.

Any file I create by using the macros in the original post will not work. I
have tried re-recording the whole process and just running the second macro
and this didn't work. If it helps, the first macro in the above post usually
works, but it's somewhere in the split macro that I get problems. I can't
figure out how or why. I am not sure if I have some setting checked in Excel
or Word that I'm missing.

I would appreciate any assistance on this. I thought I had this whole
project completed for the client, but this thing is holding up the whole
thing.

Thanks so much,
Jason