Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Please Help with Formula

Hello,

Could someone please help me with the following? I'm trying to come up with
a formula that will total specific cells if certain conditions exist.

For example:

Column D = Account No.

Column E = Amount (in Dollars)

Column I = Total for the Month

Every time Column D has the Account Number 4 placed in it with the dollar
amount in Column E, I need a formula in Column I that will total the dollar
amounts (of Column E) each time the Account Number is 4 (in Column D).
Keeping in mind that Column D will have other Account Numbers other then the
number 4 throughout the month. That why I'm thinking it should be an "IF
Then" condition in the formula (although I could be wrong, there could be
another statement that could be used that I'm not a where of).

Any help you could give me on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

William

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi William,

=SUMIF(D:D,4,E:E)

Modify the ranges for column as appropriate.

Regards,
Hari
India