Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Display Headings???

Hello Everyone,

I have created a makemenubar program that sets my own menu bar. Included in
it as below, I also formatted the workbook to turn everything off to clean
up the program and not allow them to edit it. Everything works, except 1
little glitch with the DisplayHeadings. Initially, when it defaults to my
startup page, I don't see the headings (A,B,C, 1,2,3 and so on. But, when I
click on a menu item and it takes me to another sheet, then the Headings pop
up in View??? Everything else stays FALSE except the Headings??? Is there
anyway to keep them turned OFF????

Application.DisplayStatusBar = False
Application.DisplayCommentIndicator = 0
Application.DisplayFormulaBar = False
Application.CommandBars("Formatting").Visible = False
Application.CommandBars("Standard").Visible = False
ActiveWindow.DisplayHeadings = False
ActiveWindow.DisplayGridlines = False
ActiveWindow.DisplayWorkbookTabs = False

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

ActiveWindow.DisplayHeadings = False is only for the active window. You need
to turn it off for ALL windows in that workbook.
In the code for the ThisWorkbook, put:
Private Sub Workbook_SheetActivate(ByVal Sh As Object)
ActiveWindow.DisplayHeadings = False
End Sub

(You can get to this code pane by right-clicking the Excel LOGO near the
file menu and choosing View Code).