Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default passing parameters to OnAction

Hi Joe,
double quote and simple quote and Sub Name and 3 x double quote & Parameter
& 3 x double quote and simple quote and double quote
Example: .OnAction = "'MySub """ & Parameter & """'"
Regards,
MP

"Joe" a écrit dans le message de
I am using Xl 2002. Is it possible to pass a parameter to the Sub

referenced
in the OnAction property (i.e. OnAction="processMe(Argument1)"?

TIA,
--
Joe

VBA Automation/VB/C++/Web and DB development

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

What version of excel. I have seen posts here that indicate support for this
has been discontinued around xl2002 or one of the last service packs in
xl2000. Post back with your experience and version if you will.

Tom Ogilvy

"Joe" wrote in message
Thank you, sir.

"Michel Pierron" wrote:

Hi Joe,
double quote and simple quote and Sub Name and 3 x double quote &

Parameter
& 3 x double quote and simple quote and double quote
Example: .OnAction = "'MySub """ & Parameter & """'"
Regards,
MP

"Joe" a écrit dans le message de
I am using Xl 2002. Is it possible to pass a parameter to the Sub

referenced
in the OnAction property (i.e. OnAction="processMe(Argument1)"?

TIA,
--
Joe

VBA Automation/VB/C++/Web and DB development

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Tom,
Personally, I did not note a dysfunction (xl2000 and xl2002).
Regards,
MP

"Tom Ogilvy" a écrit dans le message de
What version of excel. I have seen posts here that indicate support for

this
has been discontinued around xl2002 or one of the last service packs in
xl2000. Post back with your experience and version if you will.

Tom Ogilvy

"Joe" wrote in message
Thank you, sir.

"Michel Pierron" wrote:

Hi Joe,
double quote and simple quote and Sub Name and 3 x double quote &

Parameter
& 3 x double quote and simple quote and double quote
Example: .OnAction = "'MySub """ & Parameter & """'"
Regards,
MP

"Joe" a écrit dans le message de
I am using Xl 2002. Is it possible to pass a parameter to the Sub
referenced
in the OnAction property (i.e. OnAction="processMe(Argument1)"?

TIA,
--
Joe

VBA Automation/VB/C++/Web and DB development

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Joe Joe is offline

Tom,

I tried what Michel Pierron sugegsted and it worked just fine.

Joe

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

Thanks for the feedback.

Tom Ogilvy

"Michel Pierron" wrote in message
Hi Tom,
Personally, I did not note a dysfunction (xl2000 and xl2002).
Regards,
MP

"Tom Ogilvy" a écrit dans le message de
What version of excel. I have seen posts here that indicate support for

this
has been discontinued around xl2002 or one of the last service packs in
xl2000. Post back with your experience and version if you will.

Tom Ogilvy

"Joe" wrote in message
Thank you, sir.

"Michel Pierron" wrote:

Hi Joe,
double quote and simple quote and Sub Name and 3 x double quote &
Parameter
& 3 x double quote and simple quote and double quote
Example: .OnAction = "'MySub """ & Parameter & """'"
Regards,
MP

"Joe" a écrit dans le message de
I am using Xl 2002. Is it possible to pass a parameter to the Sub
referenced
in the OnAction property (i.e. OnAction="processMe(Argument1)"?

TIA,
--
Joe

VBA Automation/VB/C++/Web and DB development

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

And version of Excel?

thanks.

Tom Ogilvy

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

Thanks for the feedback.

Tom Ogilvy

"Michel Pierron" wrote in message
Hi Tom,
Personally, I did not note a dysfunction (xl2000 and xl2002).
Regards,
MP

"Tom Ogilvy" a écrit dans le message de
What version of excel. I have seen posts here that indicate support

for
this
has been discontinued around xl2002 or one of the last service packs

in
xl2000. Post back with your experience and version if you will.

Tom Ogilvy

"Joe" wrote in message
Thank you, sir.

&
Parameter
& 3 x double quote and simple quote and double quote
Example: .OnAction = "'MySub """ & Parameter & """'"
Regards,
MP

"Joe" a écrit dans le message de
I am using Xl 2002. Is it possible to pass a parameter to the

Sub
referenced
in the OnAction property (i.e.

OnAction="processMe(Argument1)"?

TIA,
--
Joe

VBA Automation/VB/C++/Web and DB development

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I just used this technique on Excel 2003 and it works fine but I have a
follow-up question:

How would you use this technique to call a function with more than one
parameter?

Regards,

Gaston

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

And version of Excel?

thanks.

Tom Ogilvy

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

Thanks for the feedback.

Tom Ogilvy

"Michel Pierron" wrote in message
Hi Tom,
Personally, I did not note a dysfunction (xl2000 and xl2002).
Regards,
MP

"Tom Ogilvy" a écrit dans le message de
What version of excel. I have seen posts here that indicate support

for
this
has been discontinued around xl2002 or one of the last service packs

in
xl2000. Post back with your experience and version if you will.

Tom Ogilvy

"Joe" wrote in message
Thank you, sir.

"Michel Pierron" wrote:

Hi Joe,
double quote and simple quote and Sub Name and 3 x double quote

&
Parameter
& 3 x double quote and simple quote and double quote
Example: .OnAction = "'MySub """ & Parameter & """'"
Regards,
MP

"Joe" a écrit dans le message de
I am using Xl 2002. Is it possible to pass a parameter to the

Sub
referenced
in the OnAction property (i.e.

OnAction="processMe(Argument1)"?

TIA,
--
Joe

VBA Automation/VB/C++/Web and DB development

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

To specify multiple parameters use a comma separated list. The final string
should look something like the following, where text is in double quotes and
numbers are not in quotes:

MyMacro "String1", 10, "String2"

This translates to the following:

..OnAction = "MyMacro ""String1"", 10, ""String2"""

If the values are in variables you would use the following:

..OnAction = "MyMacro """ & String1 & """," & myNumber & ", """ & String2 &
""""

--
John Green
Sydney

"Gaston" wrote in message
I just used this technique on Excel 2003 and it works fine but I have a
follow-up question:

How would you use this technique to call a function with more than one
parameter?

Regards,

Gaston

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

And version of Excel?

thanks.

Tom Ogilvy

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

Thanks for the feedback.

Tom Ogilvy

"Michel Pierron" wrote in message
Hi Tom,
Personally, I did not note a dysfunction (xl2000 and xl2002).
Regards,
MP

"Tom Ogilvy" a écrit dans le message de
What version of excel. I have seen posts here that indicate

support
for
this
has been discontinued around xl2002 or one of the last service

packs
in
xl2000. Post back with your experience and version if you will.

Tom Ogilvy

"Joe" wrote in message
Thank you, sir.

"Joe" a écrit dans le

message de
I am using Xl 2002. Is it possible to pass a parameter to

the
Sub
referenced
in the OnAction property (i.e.

OnAction="processMe(Argument1)"?

TIA,
--
Joe

VBA Automation/VB/C++/Web and DB development

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thank You.

Gaston

"Gaston" wrote in message
I just used this technique on Excel 2003 and it works fine but I have a
follow-up question:

How would you use this technique to call a function with more than one
parameter?

Regards,

Gaston

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

And version of Excel?

thanks.

Tom Ogilvy

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

Thanks for the feedback.

Tom Ogilvy

"Michel Pierron" wrote in message
Hi Tom,
Personally, I did not note a dysfunction (xl2000 and xl2002).
Regards,
MP

"Tom Ogilvy" a écrit dans le message de
What version of excel. I have seen posts here that indicate

support
for
this
has been discontinued around xl2002 or one of the last service

packs
in
xl2000. Post back with your experience and version if you will.

Tom Ogilvy

"Joe" wrote in message
Thank you, sir.