Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Absolute path ??

I've searched and searched to no avail so here is what I am trying t
do. I need make my excel app "portable". I am calling for VB to ope
up another .xls and i am wondering if it can be done with .\ vs havin
to type in the absolute path, thus having to make sure every user has t
have the folder in the same exact place. example:

WorkBooks.Open ".\database.xls"

will this work ?? provided of course all files are in the same folde
?

thanks
Jo

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

if all files are kept in the same directory regardless of
its name you could use

x = ThisWorkbook.path
WorkBooks.Open x & "database.xls"

I've searched and searched to no avail so here is what I

am trying to
do. I need make my excel app "portable". I am calling

for VB to open
up another .xls and i am wondering if it can be done

with .\ vs having
to type in the absolute path, thus having to make sure

every user has to
have the folder in the same exact place. example:

WorkBooks.Open ".\database.xls"

will this work ?? provided of course all files are in

the same folder
?

thanks
Joe

---

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Rich,

Many thanks for making my life much easier in the near future !!!
the code worked perfectly.

Thanks!!!
Joe

---