Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Distributing an AddIn and Help File

I would like to distribute an AddIn (.xla) and its help file (.chm) . I
expect the user to save both file in the folder.
What can I do to keep the add-in linked to the help file without having
the user to update the path to the help file in the VBE when he/she
saves the file in his/her computer?

Marylena

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

it is not possible with zip zip and a auto extrac file ?

--
....Patrick
Quoi que vous fassiez, faites le bien .

"Marylena Garcia" a écrit dans le message de

I would like to distribute an AddIn (.xla) and its help file (.chm) . I
expect the user to save both file in the folder.
What can I do to keep the add-in linked to the help file without having
the user to update the path to the help file in the VBE when he/she
saves the file in his/her computer?

Marylena

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi
in VBA use
Thisworkbook.path
to get the current path of your addin and use this information to
reference the path of your helpfile

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Marylena Garcia wrote:
I would like to distribute an AddIn (.xla) and its help file (.chm) .
I expect the user to save both file in the folder.
What can I do to keep the add-in linked to the help file without
having the user to update the path to the help file in the VBE when
he/she saves the file in his/her computer?

Marylena

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks a lot,

Marylena