Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Tab between ActiveX controls on an Excel worksheet

When I place an ActiveX control (I'm using text boxes)
directly on a worksheet, properties that control tab
order (like tabindex) are not listed on the control's
property sheet. When I try to set the property
programtically, I get a "object does not support property
or method" error.

However, when I place the same controls on a user form
and use the same code, the property is listed, the
control works fine and tabs in the order I specify.

Is there any way to control the tab order for controls
placed directly on an Excel worksheet?

Thanks,
Bill
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"Bill" wrote ...

Is there any way to control the tab order for controls
placed directly on an Excel worksheet?

You have to roll your own using the control's events (e.g. _KeyDown),
the worksheet's events (e.g. _SelectionChange) and maintain your own
tab order for them to refer to.

Jamie.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks Jamie - do you know of any references I could
consult? I found some helpful stuff on MSDN but nothing
that dealt with this particular issue...

TIA,
Bill
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

that is because there is no supported concept of tabbing between controls on
a worksheet. when tabbing on a worksheet, you tab from cell to cell. It is
not clear how you would signal that you wanted to tab between controls.

See Rob Bovey's posting on a method to do this:

http://groups.google.com/groups?thre...GP11.phx .gbl

Tom Ogilvy