Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default General Question regarding passing cells, ranges, cell values through subs & functions

This is a user entry sheet. If the user enters the first item in a row,
then the other 5 are blank Depending on which column they enter into,
their may or may not be restrictions on the other columns. I believe
the way I've set this up, is that any time any entry is made, it will
look at the values in each of the columns of a particular row. Does
that make sense?

In otherwords, if I enter something into column C, then the code will
locate which row I've entered a value into and then take the values
from the adjacent cells in columns A-F and then run a test on them.
If there is nothing in column A yet, then there are no restrictions on
columns B-F - at least not any new ones. Once the user enters in column
C though it would no longer be empty and would require the code to
check to see if their are any further restrictions on columns
A,B,D,E,F. My thought was then to pass the available items to an array
(or a named range) and use that in a Validation

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

My thought was then to pass the available items to an array
(or a named range) and use that in a Validation

that may be harder than you think. Test it out first. I don't think it
will work.

Create a defined name

Name: List
Refersto: ={"yes";"no"}

then try to do data =validation

for source put in

=List
and you get that the range evaluates to an error.

Put Yes and No in G1:G2 for example

Name: List
Refersto: =Sheet1!$G$1:$G$2

then in data validation, using
=List
works fine.

Guess you can always put your arrays back on the sheet.

Tom Ogilvy