Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
jy jy is offline

Default Yes/No Button Again

Tom Ogilvy. I appreciate your quick response to my yes/no
question.

"Select all the cells where the yes/no answer would be
entered. then do
Data=Validation

select List
in the list box

yes,no

click OK"

As I stated, I know very little about programming, but
think that I may be able to walk myself through this with
a little help. My question to you is when I select all of
the cells, where do I enter the Data=validation and
select list in the list box in order to type in yes and no?

Again, thanks for the help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

jy

Not Tom but.....no programming involved.

See Debra Dalgleish's site for basics of Data Validation drop-down lists.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Sat, 4 Sep 2004 14:03:12 -0700, "jy"
wrote:

Tom Ogilvy. I appreciate your quick response to my yes/no
question.

"Select all the cells where the yes/no answer would be
entered. then do
Data=Validation

select List
in the list box

yes,no

click OK"

As I stated, I know very little about programming, but
think that I may be able to walk myself through this with
a little help. My question to you is when I select all of
the cells, where do I enter the Data=validation and
select list in the list box in order to type in yes and no?

Again, thanks for the help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

select the cells. Go to the Data menu at the top of excel, when it
dropdown, one choice is validation. Select that. in the Allow dropdown
there are various types of validation offered. Select the list option.
this will add a textbox (source) to the dialog where you can enter you list.
In this text box type

Yes, No

then click OK.

That is it. No programming required.