Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Side-by-Side worksheets

I have two different worksheets (same workbook) displaying side-by-side in
the Excel window. Is it possible for one of the worksheets not to display
the minimize and maximize window buttons?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I must be missing something in your suggestion. The buttons are still
visible and functional.

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

protect the workbook

Tom Ogilvy

"Sheldon" wrote in message
I have two different worksheets (same workbook) displaying side-by-side in
the Excel window. Is it possible for one of the worksheets not to display
the minimize and maximize window buttons?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

When you do
Tools=Protection

you get two choices Structure and Window.

Selecting at least the Window option does what I said.

Tom Ogilvy

"Sheldon" wrote in message
I must be missing something in your suggestion. The buttons are still
visible and functional.

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

protect the workbook

Tom Ogilvy

"Sheldon" wrote in message
I have two different worksheets (same workbook) displaying

side-by-side in
the Excel window. Is it possible for one of the worksheets not to

display
the minimize and maximize window buttons?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sheldon

Protecting the workbook will disable the min/max buttons on both worksheets.

I think you will have to place one of the worksheets in another workbook then
have two workbooks open side by side.

Protect one of the workbooks and not the other.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

"Sheldon" wrote in message
I must be missing something in your suggestion. The buttons are still
visible and functional.

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

protect the workbook

Tom Ogilvy

"Sheldon" wrote in message
I have two different worksheets (same workbook) displaying

side-by-side in
the Excel window. Is it possible for one of the worksheets not to

display
the minimize and maximize window buttons?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

the window without the focus doesn't show the buttons anyway (but will when
activated). So it is unclear to me what the user is trying to achieve.

"Sheldon" wrote in message
I must be missing something in your suggestion. The buttons are still
visible and functional.

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

protect the workbook

Tom Ogilvy

"Sheldon" wrote in message
I have two different worksheets (same workbook) displaying

side-by-side in
the Excel window. Is it possible for one of the worksheets not to

display
the minimize and maximize window buttons?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The writer is trying not to confuse the user. I want to eliminate the min,
max, and close buttons on the worksheets. I have placed a shape connected to
macro which closes the work window, and maximizes the other window. The code
previously mentioned in this thread seems to work - almost. The worksheet
without the macro behind the shape does not allow all updates necessary. The
other worksheet has cells where the user enters data (this continues to work
fine), but it also has option buttons, which does not work in the
side-by-side configuration. The option buttons only works when that
worksheet is the only one displayed.

"Sheldon" wrote in message
I must be missing something in your suggestion. The buttons are still
visible and functional.

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

protect the workbook

Tom Ogilvy

"Sheldon" wrote in message
I have two different worksheets (same workbook) displaying
side-by-side in
the Excel window. Is it possible for one of the worksheets not to
display
the minimize and maximize window buttons?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

use option buttons from the forms toolbar. I couldn't find the Knowledge
base article on this, but I believe it is a known problem for activex
controls.

Tom Ogilvy

"Sheldon" wrote in message
I must be missing something in your suggestion. The buttons are

still
visible and functional.

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

protect the workbook