Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JAY JAY is offline

Default Referring to an option button in formula...?

Hello.

I have been tinkering with Excel and would really like to
learn how to utilize the controls features such as the
option button or check box. I see a use for the option
button where I have a series of rows of information that
perform a calculation unique to each row. I would like to
have an option button at the front of the row which allows
the user to dictate which type of calculation the cells in
that row should perform.

So essentially I would like the formulas in the row to use
the option button to collect logic information about which
calculation it should perform. The task seems straight
forward, but I do not know how to reference the option
button in my formulas. If you have a suggestion on how I
could find out more about this procedure I would be very
grateful.

Regards,
-Jay

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

you would link the option button to the cell underneath it using the
properties. Then, when the option button is clicked, the cell would have
the value True. If it isn't click it would be blank or false (if never
clicked it might be blank).

Your formulas could test for the value of this cell using an If statement.

Note that there are optionbutton controls in both the Forms toolbar and the
Control Toolbox toolbar, so you should specify which you are talking about.

Tom Ogilvy