Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default VB to automate ID coding

Hi,

I'd like to automate the id coding of a long list of items in an excel
file. I currently have a reference file containing the correct id codes
corresponding with a string name for each item in a two column array.
For example, this is the reference file:

id code item
4039 apples
4442 pears
2209 oranges
etc. etc.

The excel file of items I'd like to id code are simply the item names in
the following form:

item number
oranges 100
pears 44
pears 228
apples 223

What VB code would automate this to result in the following file?

id code item number
2209 oranges 100
4442 pears 44
4442 pears 228
4039 apples 223

The number of items in the master reference file may be changing every
day as new items and reference codes are added.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Matthew Kramer

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Matthew

[...]