Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How to make my FORM usable across multiple worksheets?

I have created a form for use with one of my worksheets.
How do i make this form usable with multiple workbooks of
the same kind. ?

Do i use add-in ? I want it to become like a item on my
menu bar. Is this possible ?

Regards,
Andy
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I think the form has to reside in the file. you can put up
a icon to open the form but if the form is not in the
file, the icon wont work.
to export:
open the vb editor. in the project window right click the
form then click export. the form is export as a text file
with file exention .frm.
to import:
Open the file you wish to have the form in. open the vb
editor. in the project window right click the file name.
click import file. a dialog box with come up. click the
form file. it should appear in the project window as a
form.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Frank,
An addin is a good idea for portable, shareable code if you have created a
program that you can run against many worksheets of the same kind, although
the form and code could merely reside in your PERSONAL.XLS workbook (or any
other hidden workbook with code in it that you add to your XLStart folder).
It is possible to add items to menus or create new menus programmatically or
manually. Look for code samples using Google Groups or one of the MVP sites
which you can find (guess where?) using Google. You can also create a custom
toolbar which can be "attached" to a workbook (see Tools Customize) so the
toolbar goes with the workbook if you want to pass it on to others.

Bob

.