Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel to VBA

If I wanted to make my spreadsheet a stand alone program by recreating it in
VBA but would be lost in trying to do so, are there people out there I can
hire to do the conversion?
Any references?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

VBA works from within an application, in this case Excel. To eliminate the
need for Excel you could write your code in VISUAL BASIC proper, using a grid
control. I have no idea what the grid offers in terms of functions. You might
well end up having to write code to replicate the Excel functions you are
using in your formulas.

On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 18:27:03 -0700, "Kevin Green"
wrote:

If I wanted to make my spreadsheet a stand alone program by recreating it in
VBA but would be lost in trying to do so, are there people out there I can
hire to do the conversion?
Any references?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

To make a stand alone programe you would need VB poper (or another
fully compileable langue)- I would not think this is a good idea, why
would you want to do this.

What about making you spread sheet into an addin (which is kind of
like a stand alone programe, in fact if you reallt like you can hide
the excel window and use you own interface - but that kinda misses the
point.

There are 1000s of folks who do this, there are a lot in this
newsgroup.

Take alook around the net, and see if you can find someone you like
the look of.

Good luck
ross

If I wanted to make my spreadsheet a stand alone program by recreating it in
VBA but would be lost in trying to do so, are there people out there I can
hire to do the conversion?
Any references?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I haven't, but I have observed some related discussions. (You might want to
search google for this newsgroup with seach terms like copyright and author
Pearson).
I think you just need to mark it as copyrighted. You would then need to
establish some means to prove when it was created and so forth such as a
dated copy of the original file and witnesses would not hurt.

As to ownership of the work, you should meet with your new employer and
establish up front ownership of the property. Some companies see such work
as competitive and won't allow it, so you might want to make inquiries
first.

Tom Ogilvy

"Kevin Green" wrote in message
The reason I ask is I am about to start a job and would like to have my
spreadsheet copyrighted or something to avoid it becoming intellectual
property.
I would like to sell my spreadsheet as well when al the bugs are worked

out.

Has anyone copyrighted a spreadsheet? is that doable?

"Kevin Green" wrote:

Yes VB proper is what i meant sorry. The idea of hiding
the excel window and use you own interface sounds interesting, is there

simple way to hide the excel window?

"ross" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Maybe

Application.Visible = False

On Wed, 1 Sep 2004 06:17:03 -0700, "Kevin Green"
wrote:

Yes VB proper is what i meant sorry. The idea of hiding
the excel window and use you own interface sounds interesting, is there a