Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel / XP SP2 / Web

Hello,

Second post today ! I have a system where I create XLS files on the fly and
the XLS files contain macros that are executed when the XLS file is opened.
These files were being opened via a web browser - simply giving the full URL
down to the XLS file. This all used to work fine until I installed XP SP2 !
When the XLS file is no opened I get the option of enabling macros or
disabling macros. If I choose disable then everything I expect to see is
there but the macros are simply not executed. If I choose to execute the
macro then nothing happens it simply stops and generates no output - excel
is not opened - it simply sits there with an empty IE window. I've tried
signing (SelfCert) the XLS files but again it does not help.

Does anyone have any ideas as to why this may be failing ?

Many thanks...

Martin