-   -   Referencing cells in another workbook (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/308500-re-referencing-cells-another-workbook.html)

Don Guillett[_4_]

Referencing cells in another workbook

The message means that the desired workbook doesn't exist in the same folder

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"johnh" wrote in message
I have two workbooks. The first workbook has macros that get values from
named cells in the second workbook. Everything works fine on one computer.
When I move the directory structure to a second computer and run the

macros,
I get an error when I attempt to get the values of the named cells in the
second workbook. Here's the error.
Run-Time error '9'
Subscript out of range
Any help would be appreciated.

Tom Ogilvy

Referencing cells in another workbook

The message means that the desired workbook doesn't exist in the same
folder

If it is caused by a Workbooks("filename") reference, it means excel doesn't
think the workbook is open. It really is past what directory it might be
in. Perhaps this is what you were implying. See my post for what I
consider a very likely scenario.

Tom Ogilvy