Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel VBA - Problem calculating and passing values to another worksheet

I am setting up a worksheet to manage gradebooks for my school. Sheet
contains the student scores. Each column of scores is identified by on
of six different activities (homework, tests, etc). I am using th
activity identifiers to allow weighting averages. Sheet 2 is a summar
sheet which shows the totals for each activity and averages the weighte
scores.

I am able to calculate the averages for each student using SumIF an
CountIF functions. However, I am stumped trying to pass the result t
Sheet 2 in order to finish the calculations. I want to pass th
calculated result only, in order to allow the option of calculatin
based on weighted or straight averages on Sheet 2.

I'm guessing there must be a way to pass the result using variables
but I just haven't been able to figger it out! HELP! -- School start
next week and my teachers are counting on me.

Daniel Co

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If you are just tring to pass the value of a cell on
sheet1 to a cell on sheet2:
data is in a1 on sheet1 and you want it on sheet2 a1.
on sheet2 in Cell A1 enter:

=sheet1!A1

I am setting up a worksheet to manage gradebooks for my

school. Sheet 1
contains the student scores. Each column of scores is

identified by one
of six different activities (homework, tests, etc). I am

using the
activity identifiers to allow weighting averages. Sheet

2 is a summary
sheet which shows the totals for each activity and

averages the weighted
scores.

I am able to calculate the averages for each student

using SumIF and
CountIF functions. However, I am stumped trying to pass

the result to
Sheet 2 in order to finish the calculations. I want to

pass the
calculated result only, in order to allow the option of

calculating
based on weighted or straight averages on Sheet 2.

I'm guessing there must be a way to pass the result using

variables,
but I just haven't been able to figger it out! HELP! --

School starts
next week and my teachers are counting on me.

Daniel Cox

---

.