Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Mk Dir

Hello All,

I am putting the finishing touches on my system and thought of having my
Excel file automatically make the necessary folder on another users computer
if it does not exist. This will allow them to make their report files using
templates associated with command buttons they press at time of need.

Currently I tried this in my Auto_Open module

'Dim Path As String
'Path = "C:\My Documents\Temp Me"
'If IsNot Path = Dir("C:\My Documents\Temp Me") Then
MkDir ("C:\My Documents\Temp Me")
'Else
'Do nothing
'End If

This makes the new folder but the next time it runs create and error.
Obviously because it already is in place......LOL on me.

What would be the correct Dim, and If statements I am looking for to make a
directory that if is there "Do Nothing" else "Make It"? May have application
flavor eh?

Thanks for your help

--
George G

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sub Auto_Open()
On Error Resume Next
MkDir "C:\My Documents"
MkDir "C:\My Documents\Temp Me"
On Error GoTo 0

Tom Ogilvy

"Sgwapt" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks Tom,

Lets see if I understand
First there is an error check (On Error Resume Naxt)
MkDir "C:\My Documents" triggers the error correct ? ( because it's there )
If this happens then the error is ran, (Resume Next) running this
MkDir "C:\My Documents\Temp Me" ? ( because it's not there )
or it goes to 0 which exits sub ? ( because they both are there )

Am I on the right page ?

Thanks again

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

Sub Auto_Open()
On Error Resume Next
MkDir "C:\My Documents"
MkDir "C:\My Documents\Temp Me"
On Error GoTo 0

Tom Ogilvy

"Sgwapt" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Error Resume Next

means if there is an error ignore it, go to the next line

On Error Goto zero

sets error handling back to the default.

so
Create the directories.

If they already exist, they will raise an error and be ignored. It they
don't exist they will be created.

Tom Ogilvy

"Sgwapt" wrote in message
Thanks Tom,

Lets see if I understand
First there is an error check (On Error Resume Naxt)
MkDir "C:\My Documents" triggers the error correct ? ( because it's

there )
If this happens then the error is ran, (Resume Next) running this
MkDir "C:\My Documents\Temp Me" ? ( because it's not there )
or it goes to 0 which exits sub ? ( because they both are there )

Am I on the right page ?

Thanks again

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

Sub Auto_Open()