Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default drawingobjects what is it ????

people i acccess my worksheet form controls using drawingobjects

for example
Worksheets(2).DrawingObjects("combo1").AddItem CStr(i)

but i excel help i cant find any notes about drawingobjects,

what is it, where in excel help i can read about drawing objects

thank

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Drawingobjects are the collection of items placed on the worksheet from the
drawingtoolbar. The collection is from xl5/xl95 and was replaced by shapes
in xl97. I don't know why activex controls are placed in that collection,
but you would be better to refer to them using OleObjects

Worksheets(2).OleObjects("combo1").Object.Additem i

if you go to the object browser and have it show hidden objects, you can see
them, but the help file doesn't have any information on them. You would
need to get a help file from xl5 or xl95.

Tom Ogilvy

"Marek " wrote in message
people i acccess my worksheet form controls using drawingobjects

for example
Worksheets(2).DrawingObjects("combo1").AddItem CStr(i)

but i excel help i cant find any notes about drawingobjects,

what is it, where in excel help i can read about drawing objects

thanks

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

my combobox is placed on the worksheet,
and if i try to add items to that combobox using

oleobject

i get error

unable to get Oleobjects property of the workshee

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You must be using a dropdown control from the forms toolbar rather than a
combobox from the control toolbox toolbar (which was my first assumption
since it was named combo1).

Activesheet.Dropdowns("Combo1").AddItem i

would be more direct.

Tom Ogilvy

"Marek " wrote in message
my combobox is placed on the worksheet,
and if i try to add items to that combobox using

oleobject

i get error

unable to get Oleobjects property of the worksheet

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

thisd method works, dropdowns,

but i cant find anyhthing in my excel help about this dropdowns, wher
it can be ????

thank

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Same as drawingobjects - it is an old collection kept around for
compatibility (like the forms controls and dialog sheets). But you would
need to get the help file for xl95 or xl5 to read about them. As stated
before, if you use the object browser and have it show hidden members, you
will fine the methods and properties of a dropdown and the dropdowns
collection.

Tom Ogilvy

"Marek " wrote in message
thisd method works, dropdowns,

but i cant find anyhthing in my excel help about this dropdowns, where
it can be ????

thanks

---