Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Mail from Excel 97 via Notes 5

I need to send a mail from Excel 97 macro using Lotus Notes 5. In the
Internet I found some related scripts, no one works properly.
Now I'm using the following script (I cut it for this message purpose):
Public Sub NotesMailCOM()
Dim objSession As NotesSession
Dim sUserName As String

Set objSession = CreateObject("Lotus.NotesSession")
Call objSession.Initialize

sUserName = objSession.UserName
MsgBox (sUserName)

Set objSession = Nothing
My trouble probably is that Lotus Notes files are localised in two
directiories:
- executables are on the local hard disk;
- personal - notes.ini and ID file too - on a network drive.
After the script is runinng, an error occuring in line 'Call...':
'Could not open the ID file'.
No chance for solution joined with changing location of configuration or
identification files.
Long ago I used a macro made in OLE technology:
Public Sub NotesMailOLE()
Dim objSession As Object
Dim sUserName As String

Set objSession = CreateObject("Notes.NotesSession")

sUserName = objSession.UserName
MsgBox (sUserName)

Set objSession = Nothing
This version also doesn't work.
Main question:
1. Why the macro (macros) do not work? ;-)
Additional questions:
2. Which libraries are needed to use these functions (in OLE or COM version)?
3. Is it possible and - if it is - how to show the macro where are my ID file?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Gerard did you ever get this to work
I thought if the ID was on the c:\lotus notes folder it would/should find it
I need to do something very similar - if you did get it working can you send
me a sample of your code - thanks