Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ken Ken is offline

Default Programing Dialogs in Excel 2002

I am trying to learn to write some dialogs.
I have a Dialog named Main.
On this dialog I have a label "lblDisplay1"
Using the following:
With DialogSheets("Main")
index = .ListBoxes("listboxname").Value
.Labels("lblDisplay1").Caption = "text"
end with

I get a message about cant find the Labels Property

the object browser cant even find DialogSheets yet the statement with
..ListBoxes
works

I also have visual studio on my machine.
I have referenced Excel 10. and VBA .

Very frustaterd that even the basics dont seem to work
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I am trying to learn to write some dialogs.

Dialogs were replaced by UserForms in VBA. Don't waste your time
learning about Dialogs. Use UserForms instead.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"ken" wrote in message
I am trying to learn to write some dialogs.
I have a Dialog named Main.
On this dialog I have a label "lblDisplay1"
Using the following:
With DialogSheets("Main")
index = .ListBoxes("listboxname").Value
.Labels("lblDisplay1").Caption = "text"
end with

I get a message about cant find the Labels Property

the object browser cant even find DialogSheets yet the

statement with
.ListBoxes
works

I also have visual studio on my machine.
I have referenced Excel 10. and VBA .

Very frustaterd that even the basics dont seem to work

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Chip:
Isn't there the same situation between the UserForms route and the Active
X(Control box) route?
Tks,
Jim

"ken" wrote in message
I am trying to learn to write some dialogs.
I have a Dialog named Main.
On this dialog I have a label "lblDisplay1"
Using the following:
With DialogSheets("Main")
index = .ListBoxes("listboxname").Value
.Labels("lblDisplay1").Caption = "text"
end with

I get a message about cant find the Labels Property

the object browser cant even find DialogSheets yet the

statement with
.ListBoxes
works

I also have visual studio on my machine.
I have referenced Excel 10. and VBA .

Very frustaterd that even the basics dont seem to work

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Yes,,,
Wasn't sure how to phrase the question, not knowing the
proper terminology and all.
Sorry - I failed to check back on this sooner.
Jim May