Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Open or Show a Message Box on open...

How do you show a message box when you open an excel file? I've done this
before I just can't remember how.

Thanks,
Chris
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Chris, something like this

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
MsgBox "workbook is open"
End Sub

To put in this macro, from your workbook right-click the workbook's icon and
pick View Code. This icon is to the left of the "File" menu this will open
the VBA editor, in the left hand window double click on thisworkbook, under
your workbook name, and paste the code in the window that opens on the right
hand side, press Alt and Q to close this window and go back to your
workbook, now this will run every time you open the workbook. If you are
using excel 2000 or newer you may have to change the macro security
settings to get the macro to run.
--
Paul B
Using Excel 2000 & 2003

"Chris E." <Chris wrote in message
How do you show a message box when you open an excel file? I've done this
before I just can't remember how.

Thanks,
Chris

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

In ThisWorkbook code..

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
msgbox "I just want to tell you something"
End Sub

Jorda

Error message on open Very Basic User Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 September 29th 09 05:32 PM
one column of cells show ####. Values show when I open it. Help grantljg Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 3 September 18th 07 09:19 PM
linked PDF will not open "can not open specified file" is message DaveKC Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 0 February 19th 07 07:38 PM
Message Open Box RC Excel Programming 3 August 25th 04 01:58 PM
Message box at file open Hall Excel Programming 2 January 20th 04 08:57 PM