Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Macro to open another workbook

I am using Excel 2003 and am trying to write a macro that will ope
another workbook.

I don't want users to be able to hit the x-button to close out, but
do want them to be able to hit a cancel button and return to th
original workbook.

This is what I have so far, but it only allows for the msg to appea
once, and it if somebody wants to cancel, they get a debug message.

Filename = Application.GetOpenFilename(, , "Select SPS_Shee
file")

If CloseMode = vbFormControlMenu Then
Cancel = True
MsgBox "You can't close the dialog like this!"
End If

Filename = Application.GetOpenFilename(, , "Select SPS_Shee
file")

Set f = fs.GetFile(Filename)
s = f.DateCreated

Workbooks.Open Filename

Thanks in advance for your help!
-Meliss

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
MD MD is offline

Could you open a new book in a different Intence of EXCEL?
Sub NewExcelWindow()
Set Objexcel = New Excel.Application
Objexcel.Visible = True
With Objexcel
..Workbooks.Add ' or open a specific workbook
End With
End Sub

"missmelis01 " a écrit dans le
message de ...
I am using Excel 2003 and am trying to write a macro that will open
another workbook.

I don't want users to be able to hit the x-button to close out, but I
do want them to be able to hit a cancel button and return to the
original workbook.

This is what I have so far, but it only allows for the msg to appear
once, and it if somebody wants to cancel, they get a debug message.

Filename = Application.GetOpenFilename(, , "Select SPS_Sheet
file")

If CloseMode = vbFormControlMenu Then
Cancel = True
MsgBox "You can't close the dialog like this!"
End If

Filename = Application.GetOpenFilename(, , "Select SPS_Sheet
file")

Set f = fs.GetFile(Filename)
s = f.DateCreated

Workbooks.Open Filename