Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Error in macro, that opens a file!

Hi all!

I've a quick question with respect to the short macro shown below.

Sub importfile()
Application.DisplayAlerts = False
MyFile = Application.GetOpenFilename("text files,*.txt")
Workbooks.OpenText FileName:=MyFile, _
Origin:=xlWindows, StartRow:=1,
DataType:=xlFixedWidth, FieldInfo:= _
Array(Array(0, 1), Array(11, 1), Array(20, 1))
ActiveWindow.WindowState = xlNormal
Sheets("MyFinal").Select
Sheets("MyFinal").Move Befo=Workbooks
("vtec.xls").Sheets(1)
End Sub

The browsed and selected *.txt file is assigned to the variabl
"MyFile".
However, I am unable to move it before the existing workbook '
tec.xls' and it is giving me error. A small error in the line:

Sheets("MyFinal").Select
Sheets("MyFinal").Move Befo=Workbooks("vtec.xls").Sheets(1)

I would appreciate any tips.
Thanks alot guys.

Regds,

Arun.
Vtec Corp

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

See answer to 3rd posting of this question.

Tom Ogilvy

"aiyer " wrote in message
Hi all!

I've a quick question with respect to the short macro shown below.

Sub importfile()
Application.DisplayAlerts = False
MyFile = Application.GetOpenFilename("text files,*.txt")
Workbooks.OpenText FileName:=MyFile, _
Origin:=xlWindows, StartRow:=1,
DataType:=xlFixedWidth, FieldInfo:= _
Array(Array(0, 1), Array(11, 1), Array(20, 1))
ActiveWindow.WindowState = xlNormal
Sheets("MyFinal").Select
Sheets("MyFinal").Move Befo=Workbooks
("vtec.xls").Sheets(1)
End Sub

The browsed and selected *.txt file is assigned to the variable
"MyFile".
However, I am unable to move it before the existing workbook 'V
tec.xls' and it is giving me error. A small error in the line:

Sheets("MyFinal").Select
Sheets("MyFinal").Move Befo=Workbooks("vtec.xls").Sheets(1)

I would appreciate any tips.
Thanks alot guys.

Regds,

Arun.