Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Huge Excel Document

Yesterday my Excel document was 1.5 MB and today it is 5.3
MB. All I did was add some VB code (maybe 50 lines) and a
few worksheets to it. The worksheets are general and do
not contain any graphics.

Does anyone know what could be causing the workbook to get
so huge and is there any automated clean up I can run to
remove unused code and such?

~Jenny
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi
maybe the following helps:

Regards
Frank Kabel
Frankfurt, Germany

Jenny wrote:
Yesterday my Excel document was 1.5 MB and today it is 5.3
MB. All I did was add some VB code (maybe 50 lines) and a
few worksheets to it. The worksheets are general and do
not contain any graphics.

Does anyone know what could be causing the workbook to get
so huge and is there any automated clean up I can run to
remove unused code and such?

~Jenny

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Have a look at the Excel Workbook Rebuilder, written by Andrew Baker.
It will do exactly what you want; that is clean up your workbook and with
that
reduce the file size.
This is the website:
http://www.vbusers.com/commercial/commercial.asp