Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default ComboBox - Entering Text

Hi,

I've got a ComboBox which correctly contains data specified in the
..RowSource property. However I can't get it to accept text, which the
user may wish to enter instead of choosing one of the values presented
in the drop down list.

I've set the Style property to 0 (fmStyleDropDownCombo) as the Help
screen suggests, but it still won't accept a user input.

Any ideas anyone?

TIA

Richard Buttrey
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Richard

ensure "Match required" is set to false

hope this helps
Cheers
JulieD

"Richard Buttrey" wrote in message
om...
Hi,

I've got a ComboBox which correctly contains data specified in the
.RowSource property. However I can't get it to accept text, which the
user may wish to enter instead of choosing one of the values presented
in the drop down list.

I've set the Style property to 0 (fmStyleDropDownCombo) as the Help
screen suggests, but it still won't accept a user input.

Any ideas anyone?

TIA

Richard Buttrey

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks Julie & Tom

I hadn't spotted that one.

The help screen wasn't particularly helpful, and didn't mention this
Match property in the first combobox help screen.

Anyway, all is now well.

Kind regards,

Richard

On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 08:27:06 -0400, "Tom Ogilvy"
wrote:

is the property MatchRequired set to false?

__
Richard Buttrey
Grappenhall, Cheshire, UK