Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default make macro change (delete) its own code

Hi,

quick question:

Can I make a macro manipulate it's own code?

In particular, I am trying to write a macro that deletes a particula
line (let's say the 5th) from its own code after it has been executed.

Actually, it would be even better if it just deleted some character
from tha row (e.g., character 15 to 20). Or substitute the row with st
else. Or sybstitute a certain word in the row with another. You get th
picture...

Any help appreciated, as always!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Why not just use an If test, setting a global variable at the appropriate
point. Lot more maintainable than self-deleting code.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"as_sass " wrote in message

quick question:

Can I make a macro manipulate it's own code?

In particular, I am trying to write a macro that deletes a particular
line (let's say the 5th) from its own code after it has been executed.

Actually, it would be even better if it just deleted some characters
from tha row (e.g., character 15 to 20). Or substitute the row with sth
else. Or sybstitute a certain word in the row with another. You get the
picture...

Any help appreciated, as always!

as

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Bob,

sounds good, if I only knew how that worked... Basically what I need i
some variable in my macro that is set to a specific value, but tha
value changes to something new once the macro is executed.

As I'm new with this, I'll rephrase it to improve the chance that s
understands me:

Let's say I'm setting
check = 12345
And then have an InputBox where the user inputs a 5 digit code.
Then the input is compared with "check" (If..Then).
Afterwards, "check" should be set to a new, predetermined value.

It may well be that what you wrote is exactly it, only I really don'
know what you mean...

Thank you so much for your help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

This is the sort of thing I mean

Public RunBefore as Boolean

Sub as_sass_Proc()
Dim check

If Not RunBefore Then
check = 12345
RunBefore = False
Else
check = 98765
EndIf

ans = InputBox("Supply Value")

If ans = check Then
'etc.

HTH

Bob Phillips

"as_sass " wrote in message
Bob,

sounds good, if I only knew how that worked... Basically what I need is
some variable in my macro that is set to a specific value, but that
value changes to something new once the macro is executed.

As I'm new with this, I'll rephrase it to improve the chance that sb
understands me:

Let's say I'm setting
check = 12345
And then have an InputBox where the user inputs a 5 digit code.
Then the input is compared with "check" (If..Then).
Afterwards, "check" should be set to a new, predetermined value.

It may well be that what you wrote is exactly it, only I really don't
know what you mean...

Thank you so much for your help!

as

---