Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default General question about organizing or grouping AddIns

Excel 2002
Windows XP Pro

I need help in organizing a suite of AddIn tools that I've developed in
Excel with VBA. Right now I have three AddIns that get a medium amount of
use from our office personnel. I was wondering if there are any theories or
practices for packaging them together under a single AddIn. I'm thinking
that simply putting the code in a single VBA project would require too much
re-working, especially in regards to variable declarations.

One idea I have is to use the PERSONAL.XLS file to create a standard menu in
Excel and then add a new sub menu to that menu for each AddIn that is
activated. This would keep the main menu bar from getting too cluttered but
still isn't as simple as I would like. Does anybody know of any articles or
texts that deal with this?

Any suggestions appreciated.

-gk-

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Why not have each addin check if the main menu exists, if so append to it,
if not create anew?

I wouldn't have thought merging them would have been a problem if the code
is all specific. Put each addin code in its own module, and it should just
be a cut and paste matter, with fine tuning. One addin will be less of an
implementation issue than 3.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips