Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Memory problem Refreshing data

Hi,

I have created the following module in order to call a specifi
workbook from inside an Access mdb and refresh the DataTables in it
(In the Excel file i have 15 sheets with 1 DataTable in each one).
Using *task scheduler* and *Win98SE* i was doing this job almost ever
day for about 10 months.
After upgrading to WinXPpro the same code give a "Not enough memory t
display completely" messagebox, _although_refreshing_has_been_done_
and wait for a reply.
If i don't use task scheduler but run the module manualy everything i
OK.

So, are there any ideas about what is going on and, more important, ar
there any suggestions? NOTE that i must use scheduling because this jo
must be done late at night.

I am using Office 97 (yes i know it is old).

Dim MyXL As Object
Dim i As Long

Set MyXL = GetObject("c:\my documents\myfile.xls")

MyXL.Application.Visible = True
MyXL.Parent.Windows(1).Visible = True
MyXL.Application.ActiveWorkbook.RefreshAll

i = 1 ' This lines are just a small delay until refres
finish.
Do While i < 50000000
i = i + 1
Loop

MyXL.Application.ActiveWorkbook.Save
MyXL.Application.Quit

Set MyXL = Nothing

Thank you in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I have gotten the same error message. it seems to have
something to do with the "refreshall" statement and i had
multiple querytables in one file to refresh.
I refreshed mine from the excel side via macro. i solve
the problem by refreshing each querytable 1 at a time.
yes less effecient but i couldn't get around the memory
problem with refreshall.
You might try something like that.
why it happen by switch to XP...not sure on that one.
I have created the following module in order to call a

specific
workbook from inside an Access mdb and refresh the

DataTables in it.
(In the Excel file i have 15 sheets with 1 DataTable in

each one).
Using *task scheduler* and *Win98SE* i was doing this job

almost every
day for about 10 months.
After upgrading to WinXPpro the same code give a "Not

enough memory to
display completely" messagebox,

_although_refreshing_has_been_done_,
and wait for a reply.
If i don't use task scheduler but run the module manualy

everything is
OK.

So, are there any ideas about what is going on and, more

important, are
there any suggestions? NOTE that i must use scheduling

because this job

--------------------------
Dim MyXL As Object
Dim i As Long

Set MyXL = GetObject("c:\my documents\myfile.xls")

MyXL.Application.Visible = True
MyXL.Parent.Windows(1).Visible = True
MyXL.Application.ActiveWorkbook.RefreshAll

i = 1 ' This lines are just a small delay until

refresh
finish.
Do While i < 50000000
i = i + 1