Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default AutoSave code problem

I have a spreadsheet containing 7 sheets and lots of code, running in
Excel 97 SR1 with the AutoSave addin enabled. When working in a
sheet, when AutoSave runs, the leftmost worksheet in the tab order is
activated.

I've traced this to the following code in my WorkBook Open macro:
Windows(1).Caption = (ActiveWorkbook.FullName)
This puts the path in the titlebar.

If I close Excel, then create a new blank workbook and run this code
in the immediate window, then open sheet 3 and type the letter a in
A1, when AutoSave runs, it activates sheet 1.

I added the AutoSave addin to Excel 2003 and have the same problem
with it.

Anyone have any thoughts on why AutoSave does this?

I haven't had time to try to get past the project password in
AutoSave.xla so I can't look at the code.

Thanks.
Tim
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I have no idea why, but can verify that it does.

If that's a problem, you may want to look at Jan Karel Pieterse's addin called
AutoSafe (note spelling).

It saves to a user selectable folder. And when it's done, it either deletes
these backups (or puts them in the recycle bin). And you can always restore
the backups from the recycle bin.

http://www.jkp-ads.com/Download.htm
(look for AutoSafe.zip, not autosafeVBE.zip, for your purposes.)

--

Dave Peterson