Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Copy and Paste (Tom already in disscussion - more help needed)

This might work:

Sub AAAA()
Dim lastrow As Long, s1 As Variant, s2 As Variant
Dim i As Long, col As Long, rw As Long
lastrow = Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row

s1 = Cells(2, 1).Value
s2 = Cells(2, 2).Value
col = 1
rw = 1
For i = 2 To lastrow
If Cells(i, 1) = s1 And Cells(i, 2) = s2 Then
col = col + 1
Else
col = 2
rw = Worksheets("sheet2").Cells(rw, 1).End(xldown).row
s1 = Cells(i, 1)
s2 = Cells(i, 2)
End If
Worksheets("sheet2").Cells(rw, col) = Cells(i, 5).Value
Next

Tom Ogilvy

"Lolly" wrote in message
Tom

Thanx for responding so quickly.

I will tell you in detail the need for this:
I have two excel worksheet. In one worksheet data comes the database.And

the
second worksheet is the template with some formating. Source data sample

is
as before which I had posted. Template worksheet in which data needs to be
pulled is as follows

1 Goals
2 ---
3 Values
4---
5---
6 Data
and so on
Source data sheet(once again I am writing)
Sub Measure yr mo date Value
33 45 4 4 123
33 45 4 5 113
36 45 4 4 122
36 45 4 5 112

Output which I got in diff worksheet was
123 124 234
235 345 567
123

Output (Row wise data is fine).The above output I wanted to be not in
continous rows. One problem is there is no sequence of the rows in which

it
needs to go. From this output Could you think of retrieving the data

rowwise
.With the position with the position somewhat like which I mentioned in

the
beginning.Output result is fine.
I am trying to work on that type of template.

Once again Tom thankyou very much.

Regards
Lolly
"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

do you want the literal term "Value" placed in column 1 (if so, why

Value
in row 1 and Value1 in row3 then back to Value in row 6).

Also, how do you determine how many rows to skip. You skip one row ( 2),
then you skip two rows (4 and 5).

If there is a pattern there, I don't see it.

Tom Ogilvy

"Lolly" wrote in message
Hi
Tom

Thanyou very much it helped me a lot
I had one more query in this

It's as follows

Write now with that code it's copying in continous rows in other

worksheet.
Like this

123 124 234
235 345 567
123

I want to do like this

1 Value 123 124 234
2
3 Value1 235 345..
4
5
and so on

If you could help me on that
it would be great

Thanx a lot for providing me help.

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

Sub AAAA()
Dim lastrow As Long, s1 As Variant, s2 As Variant
Dim i As Long, col As Long, rw As Long
lastrow = Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row

s1 = Cells(2, 1).Value
s2 = Cells(2, 2).Value
col = 0
rw = 1
For i = 2 To lastrow
If Cells(i, 1) = s1 And Cells(i, 2) = s2 Then
col = col + 1
Else
col = 1
rw = rw + 1
s1 = Cells(i, 1)
s2 = Cells(i, 2)
End If
Worksheets("sheet2").Cells(rw, col) = Cells(i, 5).Value
Next

Tom Ogilvy

"Lolly" wrote in message
Hi

My source data is like this

Sub Measure yr mo date Value
33 45 4 4 123
33 45 4 5 113
36 45 4 4 122
36 45 4 5 112

My question is I need to copy data in a different worksheet? When

sub
and
measure are same it needs to be copied in a same row of diff

worksheet.
As
soon as anyone of them changes then it needs to be copied in a

different
row
of diff worksheet

Any help would be appreciated
--
Kittie

--
Kittie

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi
Tom

Thanx a lot for helping me. I wrote the code but it's not working.

I will show the output which came with the following data
source data:

Sub Mes Yr Mo Da Profit
31 99 4 4 134
31 99 4 5 123
31 99 4 6 145
32 99 4 4 345
32 99 4 5 342
32 201 4 6 321

The put came like this in other worksheet:
1 123 145 145
2
3
4
5
6

Value 321 didn't show.

If you could help me further then it will be of great help

Regards
Lolly

"Lolly" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

My data looked like

SubMes Yr Mo Da Profit
31 99 4 4 134 '<== data starts on row 2
31 99 4 5 123
31 99 4 6 145
32 99 4 4 345
32 99 4 5 342
32 201 4 6 321

The destination sheet (template) looked like
Value '<== string VALUE is in A1

Data

Value1

all in column 1
Results looked like:

Value 134 123 145

Data 345 342

Value1 321

Based on my interpretation of your situation, it worked for me.

Tom Ogilvy