Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Hide VB Source Code

Hi

you can password protect it but it isn't iron clad ..
in the VB Editor, right mouse click on the module, choose VBA Project
Properties, click on the protection tab - tick the lock project for viewing
& type in a password .. then close excel, saving changes, when you reopen it
you can't see the code without knowing the password.

Hope this helps
Cheers
JulieD

"AvalonDave" wrote in message

Is there any way to hide the VB source code to my macro I create in an

excel
workbook so i can prevent someone from stealing my code?

Thanks,

AvalonDave

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

It means that for x amount of dollars, you can buy a utility that will
unlock the code.

http://www.lostpassword.com

Also, there have been some methods using a hex editor that have been posted
that apparently can be successful.

Tom Ogilvy

"AvalonDave" wrote in message
Thanks alot Julie that sounds exactly what I want. Could you elaborate a
bit about what you mean when you say that the password protection isn't

"iron
clad"?

thanks,

A.D.