Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Create Barcodes in EXCEL 2003?

I need to place actual, scannable type 128 barcodes in an EXCEL spreadsheet.
I can not find a standard "add-in" function to perform this task.
Could you point mer in the right direction?
Thank You,
K Krainski
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Code 128 Specification Page
http://www.barcode-1.com/pub/russadam/128code.html
One of Russ Adams many pages on barcodes.

You can pay for barcodes or get them free, you choice.
It's not rocket science. But no barcoding is included in
Excel. You have to get a font and in most cases you will
need a subroutine to create the correct digits since most
have check digits.
---
HTH,

"KKrainski" wrote in message ...
I need to place actual, scannable type 128 barcodes in an EXCEL spreadsheet.
I can not find a standard "add-in" function to perform this task.
Could you point mer in the right direction?
Thank You,
K Krainski

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I thought excel text format TT 3 of 9 Barcode was barcode.
Maybe not 128 but barcode. It's in Access too. I use the
font in access to print barcode labels. and it works.

-----Original Mge-----
Code 128 Specification Page
http://www.barcode-1.com/pub/russadam/128code.html
One of Russ Adams many pages on barcodes.

You can pay for barcodes or get them free, you choice.
It's not rocket science. But no barcoding is included

in
Excel. You have to get a font and in most cases you will
need a subroutine to create the correct digits since most
have check digits.
---
HTH,
David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed

Nov. 2001]
My Excel Pages:

http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm
Search Page:

http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.htm

"KKrainski" wrote

in message news:8586AE16-E318-489F-9B2F-
I need to place actual, scannable type 128 barcodes in

an EXCEL spreadsheet.
I can not find a standard "add-in" function to perform

this task.
Could you point mer in the right direction?
Thank You,
K Krainski

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The easiest way to add a Code 128 bar code to an Excel spreadsheet
would be to use a bar code ActiveX control. Code 128 bar codes are
much more complex than Code 39 bar codes therefore it is very
difficult to use a bar code font to produce Code 128 bar codes. In
addition bar code fonts produce very porr quality bar codes whereas a
ActiveX control can produce a very high resolution image that will
scan perfectly no matter what printer you print to.

The best bar code ActiveX control on the market is the TAL Bar Code
ActiveX control. You can download a demo from the following URL:
http://www.taltech.com/products/activex_barcodes.html

The demo version of the control comes with a sample Excel spreadsheet
that demonstrates how to use it in Excel.