-   -   Copy cell without border (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/307690-copy-cell-without-border.html)

Sparrowhawk

Copy cell without border

I know this is a ridiculously simple question but I cannot find th
solution anywhere on the net or in the help files. I have data in
cell that has a border around it and I want to be able to copy the dat
without the border to a cell on another sheet.

This code copies the border and the data:

Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("B4").Copy _
Destination:=Worksheets("Sheet2").Range("E5")

TIA
Ke

Paul B[_6_]

Copy cell without border

Ken, try this
Worksheets("Sheet2").Range("E5") = Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("B4").Value

--
Paul B
Using Excel 2000 & 2003
"Sparrowhawk " wrote in message
I know this is a ridiculously simple question but I cannot find the
solution anywhere on the net or in the help files. I have data in a
cell that has a border around it and I want to be able to copy the data
without the border to a cell on another sheet.

This code copies the border and the data:

Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("B4").Copy _
Destination:=Worksheets("Sheet2").Range("E5")

TIA
Ken

---

Don Guillett[_4_]

Copy cell without border

If its only data and you only need the value try
sheets("Sheet2").Range("E5").value=sheets("Sheet1" ).Range("B4")

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Sparrowhawk " wrote in message
I know this is a ridiculously simple question but I cannot find the
solution anywhere on the net or in the help files. I have data in a
cell that has a border around it and I want to be able to copy the data
without the border to a cell on another sheet.

This code copies the border and the data:

Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("B4").Copy _
Destination:=Worksheets("Sheet2").Range("E5")

TIA
Ken

---
Message posted from
http://www.ExcelForum.com/

Jack Schitt

Copy cell without border

In addition to the other solutions posted, if you want to paste everything
except the borders you could try

Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("B4").Copy
Worksheets("Sheet2").Range("E4").PasteSpecial_
Paste:=xlPasteAllExceptBorders

--
Return email address is not as DEEP as it appears