Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel in network

Hi all,

I'm trying to find out if it is possible to have installed Excel on a
certain computer (called X), and open .xls files on another computer where
Excel hasnt been installed. Computer X is connected to this other PC through
a network, so that it uses the Excel program from computer X.
I don't know if this is possible, and I would like to know if it is, how to
set up Excel like this.

If it is possible, what happens if I do the following things (using, for
example, 3 pc's without excel, connecting to pc X with excel installed):

1. I run a programs on each PC (without excel) and adjust some settings from
excel, does this interfere with eachother?
2. If I open the same file 3 times (on each PC, open the same file as in
others), can I still write/read data without errors?

Hope I made myself clear, please help me if you can

Thanks in advance

Max

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi
if you have access to the file system of the other computer 8e.g.
mounted disk) no problem. BUT this works only from the PC which has
Excel installed not vice versa.

--
Regards
Frank Kabel