Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Multiple ThisWorkbook's Causing problem

Some consultants that are working with me are creating
Workbooks using Excel 2003 for major clients that use
Excel 2000. Some of the Workbooks end up crashing the
client's Excel when they are opened. When I looked at one
of those that caused crashing, I found multiple
ThisWorkbook's in the code (ThisWorkbook, ThisWorkbook1,
ThisWorkbook2, ThisWorkbook3, ThisWorkbook4) and there
were a ton of extra worksheets that were never added
manually... I don't know how those got in there. If I try
to right click on any of these, the Remove option is
grayed out... so there seems to be no way of getting rid
of them.

As a workaround, two things seemed to work so far...
saving the Workbook as an Excel 50./95 Workbook (which
strips out things extra features that were not available
in those versions... including the extra items)... I just
worry that other things might get stripped
unintentionally. The other workaround is to copy all
Worksheets to a new Workbook... and change sheet links if
neccessary... which can be painful on some of these huge
Workbooks.

Does anyone know why this is happening and how to avoid
it? Or even a better way of getting around the issue or
reversing it? This seems like an Excel 2003 bug... I am
wondering if it is related to Workbook crashing/self-
recovery or something.

thanks...

-jputman
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

JPutman,

I can only address the reason sheets can not be deleted. It's becaus
the workbook is protected. I can only assume you did or did not check
I hope you get more info from users.

Charle