Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Countif Error --- Please Help!!

I have two columns C and D.

I want to count the items in C only if the sales volume in column D ar
0.

Here is my formula:

=COUNTIF(C4:C57,D4:D57=0)

My formula result is 0 which is not correct.

What am I doing wrong??

Please help!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi
try
=SUMPRODUCT(--(C4:C57<""),--(D4:D57=0))

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"tratliff " schrieb im
Newsbeitrag ...
I have two columns C and D.

I want to count the items in C only if the sales volume in column D

are
0.

Here is my formula:

=COUNTIF(C4:C57,D4:D57=0)

My formula result is 0 which is not correct.

What am I doing wrong??

Please help!!!

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Doesn't
=COUNTIF(D4:D57=0)
work? If not, is it because of some condition in CO, such as not empty?

If so, how about
=SUMPRODUCT(--(D4:D57=0),--(C4:C57<""))

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"tratliff " wrote in message
I have two columns C and D.

I want to count the items in C only if the sales volume in column D are
0.

Here is my formula:

=COUNTIF(C4:C57,D4:D57=0)

My formula result is 0 which is not correct.

What am I doing wrong??

Please help!!!

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

That works, but I don't understand the logic of the formula??

Why am I using a SUMPRODUCT to count??

Please help me understand?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi
see:

Regards
Frank Kabel
Frankfurt, Germany

"tratliff " schrieb im
Newsbeitrag ...
That works, but I don't understand the logic of the formula??

Why am I using a SUMPRODUCT to count??

Please help me understand??

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming