-   -   search for one column values in another col ? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/307417-search-one-column-values-another-col.html)

pm

search for one column values in another col ?

Hi, I like to find all col1 ocurrences in all Col2 values
For example
IF I have "sarah" in Col1, I like to find in Col2 values such as
1 " sarah" 2 "sarah blah" 3 "blah blah sarah"
*blah* be anything
But I dont want to use string comparision like below, that take plenty of time
col1 like * " " col2 " " * etc
Anything better appreciated

patrick molloy

search for one column values in another col ?

use the spreadsheet autofilter and set the column
to "contains"

.