Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Excel Template Wizard?

Hey guys- I am looking for a way to take a form/template (dont know the
difference) and use that for my data entry. The fields on the form would be
'linked' so to speak to the corresponding cells in my worksheet grid, and
vice versa. Everyone seems to think this is difficult to do. HOWEVER-

I found this in the help section in Excel, and am wondering if anyone has
any experience with it and doing what I need done?
"Using the Excel Template Wizard This wizard links cells in your form
template to fields in a database, so that data entered using the form can be
stored automatically as database records when users save copies of the form.
The database can be a list on an Excel worksheet, a Microsoft Access
database, or any of several supported database types."

It sounds as if this wizard will do what I need done, yet, no one seems to
know about it. Does anyone have experience with this who can tell me a
little more about it? I also need to use my form for viewing my records on
my worksheet as well as printing them out.
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Take a look he

Creating a data entry form with the Excel Template Wizard:

http://office.microsoft.com/assistan...=HA01034650103
3&CTT=4&Origin=CH010716201033

In article <PkKUc.69834$Oi.56789@fed1read04, "D" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

As you say, once in the database, the data isn't in Excel.

While I believe the template wizard does offer some functionality, I don't
personally like it because you don't really know what it is doing.

One thing you can do is put your headers in row1 of a new sheet starting in
A1. Make them bold

Then select A1 and do Data=form . . .

(If you get a message that Excel can't find you data, just click OK. )

and you will get a form. You can add data and look at existing data with
this.

enter data in the boxes and then click on the down arrow and you sheet will
be updated with the values you entered in the form.

If you have existing data, you can use the scroll box to look at one record
at a time.

I believe it is limited to 32 columns.

Tom Ogilvy

"D" wrote in message news:PkKUc.69834$Oi.56789@fed1read04...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I believe it is limited to 32 columns.

I did state the limit was 32

John Walkenbach has an "improved" data form. You can use it for free. If
you want the source code, I think it is $20.

4th item on this page:

http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/files/general.htm

Tom Ogilvy