Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Autofilter global Show All function disabled in protected worksheet

Hi everyone. I’m hoping that someone has an answer for this problem. M
company is using a large shared spreadsheet under Excel 2002 where it i
necessary to constantly use the Auto filter function. The Auto filte
function is in many instances used once, then used again – cascad
style to sub filter data - so on and so forth. My company of late ha
requested this spreadsheet to be protected. Although Excel 2002 allow
you to turn on the Auto filter functionality, it still disables th
global “Show All” function under filter in the toobar. It only allow
an individual Auto filtered column at a time to be unfiltered.
Unfortunately, most users want to use the global show all functio
rather than individually unfiltering each column. I wrote a smal
macro that temporarily unprotects the spreadsheet, restores the for
using the global Show All then reprotects the form. This worked fin
until I shared the workbook. Unfortunately, you can’t unprotect a
Excel workbook while it is shared (as far as I know) and as such, th
macro fails! Does any one have any ideas how I can restore the Globa
Show All function in a protected worksheet or some other way around th
problem?
Thank

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I don't know if this will overcome the sharing limitation (don't have xl2002
handy), but have you tried

Activeworkbook.Protect Password:="ABC", UserInterfaceOnly:=True
' showall code

Tom Ogilvy

"Fartnuckles " wrote in message
Hi everyone. I'm hoping that someone has an answer for this problem. My
company is using a large shared spreadsheet under Excel 2002 where it is
necessary to constantly use the Auto filter function. The Auto filter
function is in many instances used once, then used again - cascade
style to sub filter data - so on and so forth. My company of late has
requested this spreadsheet to be protected. Although Excel 2002 allows
you to turn on the Auto filter functionality, it still disables the
global "Show All" function under filter in the toobar. It only allows
an individual Auto filtered column at a time to be unfiltered.
Unfortunately, most users want to use the global show all function
rather than individually unfiltering each column. I wrote a small
macro that temporarily unprotects the spreadsheet, restores the form
using the global Show All then reprotects the form. This worked fine
until I shared the workbook. Unfortunately, you can't unprotect an
Excel workbook while it is shared (as far as I know) and as such, the
macro fails! Does any one have any ideas how I can restore the Global
Show All function in a protected worksheet or some other way around the
problem?
Thanks

---